Recent transactions include assisting clients in the acquisition, operation or development of the following real estate projects:
- the acquisition of several hundred acres of land on Pamplico Sound in NorthCarolina;
- the acquisition by the Firm's client of a shopping center with national, regional and local tenants;
- continuing representation of the owner of a large, destination shopping center;
- a 400 lot single-family subdivision
- a 190 lot single-family subdivision;
- a 39 lot single-family subdivision;
- the acquisition and development of an 87 lot subdivision;
- a 220 unit ocean front hotel conversion;
- a 330 unit ocean front and second row condominium development;
- a 42 unit condominium development;
- a 72 unit oceanfront condominium development; - the purchase of four Golf Courses by a client and their subsequent resale for approximately $32M;
- the firm has assisted a regional builder in the acquisition at favorable prices of a number of partially developed subdivisions during the recent market downturn
Personal Injury cases include:
- The firm represented the estates of three teenagers who died in a structure fire against a Mobile Home manufacturer and Smoke Detector manufacturer.
Motor Vehicle accident cases:
- Members of the firm represented a minor who was injured while riding a moped when he was hit by a car.
- The Firm represented the estate of a man who died in an automobile accident in a case that settled for maximum insurance limits under uninsured coverage;.
- The Firm represents a college student severely injured when his auto was struck by a truck belonging to a concrete company;
- members of the Firm represented a man who suffered severe head injuries when his car struck a flat bed truck stopped in a travel lane of a four-lane road;
- The Firm represents a man who suffered 24 rib fractures, and numerous other injuries when riding a motorcycle that was forced off the road by another vehicle;
- Attorneys in the Firm represent a man injured while riding a motorcycle that was struck from behind at a traffic light.
Wrongful Death Cases include:
-The Firm represented the estates of three teenagers who died in a structure fire against a mobile home manufacturer and smoke detector manufacturer.
- The Firm represented the estate of an individual killed in a motor vehicle accident.
- The Firm represented the estate of an individual who was killed when he was struck by a car while riding a bicycle.
Employment issues include:
- a member of the firm represented a national company in the defense of wrongful discharge employment case in which plaintiff sought damages in excess of $500,000.
- a member of the firm secured a jury verdict for $400,000.00 against a national, publicly traded firm, for wrongful termination of an employee;
- the Firm represented a discharged employee against a national media company and acquired a settlement.
- The Firm represented the successors to original trustees under an 18th century trust regarding ownership of church property in a nationally significant church dispute. At trial level, following a week-long trial, the client succeeded in acquiring decision upholding the trust and declaring the trustees to be the owners of the property.
Please note that any result achieved on behalf of one client does not necessarily indicate that similar results can be obtained for other clients.